We designed, manufacture, and overbuild our heavy duty swivel base rod holder to outlast the competition. We 100% manufacture the strongest rod holders on the market in house using the thickest gauge materials within reason, and keep the cost in line with our competitors and offer a no B.S. lifetime warranty and can proudly say 100% Made in the USA!
We put an emphasis on building a better product that will last longer than most people will own their boats and withstand the rigors of commercial fishing while sporting a refined custom look! Thanks to our in house manufacturing capability we offer standard boat name and graphic engraving for a marginal set up fee on all of our rod holders! Check out the specs below to see for yourself why our rod holders are better. Whether you fish for Giant Tuna and push things to the limits with 60 lbs of drag, Daytime Deep Drop for Swordfish, troll the canyons for Yellowfin or Big Eye Tuna, our rod holders will stand up to the test for years.
- Featuring a hand polished mirror finish ¼” thick 5” x 4” 316L stainless steel top plate with 4 mounting holes to accommodate 5/16-18 diameter 82 degree countersunk bolts.
- Nitric acid passivated to MIL-I-45208-A specifications for corrosion protection.
- Mounting hardware Included (5/16-18 316 stainless bolts, nuts, & lock-washers for installation.)
- Measure 12" overall long to accommodate lower shear boats.
- Features a removable pin set at 9” deep for trolling with #2 and #4 stand-up butts.
- The rod tube on all our 0/15/30 degree rod holders are recessed up into the top plate to minimize flexing and weld failure at the point where the rod- tube, and top plate meet via a heavy duty tig weld.
- The Rod tube machined from 1/8” walled 316L stainless steel. Designed to accept all 130 size class bent butts and features a closer tolerance fit with a heavy duty liner to minimize 130 class rod butts from rocking back and forth in rough seas and to create a more secure feel while resting in the rod holder. Our rod holder will also accept all #2 and #4 butts, and the new #4 and #6 T-10X Winthrop Terminator Butts, and still swivel without rubbing the reel handle against the covering boards.
- Feature a heavy duty swivel mechanism which is a one piece design. 100% machined from 316L stainless steel round stock (not made from multiple pieces and welded together like other rod holders on the market). The floor is machined from 1/4" 316L stainless steel to support the weight of heavier 130 class rod/reel combos.
- The backing plate comes standard in 1/8” thick 316L stainless steel and features a Laurel Tool & Engineering Co., Inc designed reel safety leash bracket which can be positioned at any of the 4 mounting thru holes and rotated to fit your clearance needs under the gunwale. Large footprint backing plates available upon request.
- Custom Engraving of your boat name/graphic is available on the top plate! (One time processing / set up fee of $100 per order with 1-2 week lead-time.)
- Available in 0 (90), 15, and 30 degrees.
- Lifetime warranty against structural/mechanical failure due to normal use.
- 100% manufactured using Certified American Made Stainless Steel!