The Large Gamefish Dehooker is designed with two dehooking surfaces. The furthest "U" from the handle is used to shake a fish off the hook, like our other models. The closest "U" to the wood handle is designed to dislodge a hook deep in the mouth by pushing the hook away while holding onto the leader.
- Designed for game fish above 4 lbs
- For non-sabiki hooks
- 13" Length
- Now features a super-strong wooden handle with a unique flat spot for your thumb, opposite the dehooker opening
- The "S" shaped, stainless steel design enables push or pull action to remove hooks on game fish
- Stainless steel wire is tough and corrosion resistant
- Handle is shaped to provide a comfortable and secure grip
- Dehookers float so you can easily retrieve if they fall overboard!
The use of a dehooker dramatically increases the survival of both bait fish and game fish after they are unhooked. Using a dehooker decreases injury to your hands caused by the spines and teeth of the bait fish and is actually a faster way to unhook fish.